Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Fourth of July!

Hello everyone!

My fourth of July was a blast. So much, in fact, that I have only now had enough time to sit and talk about it.

So! I'm not sure how many international friends I have out there, so I want to give a brief synopsis of what the fourth of July means to those of us (un)fortunate enough to live in America!

On July fourth, Americans celebrate when the Declaration of Independence was signed and passed, declaring America independent of England (see? Declaration of Independence? Yeah, our founders weren't very inventive with titles. :P ).

This means that, once a year, families go to fireworks vendors and explode things all night long, often preceded by a barbecue or picnic of some sort. I had the chance to hang out with family and some great family friends all day long, just spending time together and eating lots of food. Mmm, food. Even if barbecues are hard for a vegetarian like me, I still enjoy the company of my loved ones. ... occasionally. ... the food helps, they can't talk much when chomping on a chicken leg. XD

Here's a little video I made of my night with my family blowing things up. Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nHO1WB_G9U

No comments: