Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pink Parlour Merch

Going into the Pink Parlour, I gave myself an $80 limit because I know how I can get with all these amazing handmade stuffs. The main person I wanted to see and buy stuff from was this lovely lady.
Virgin Sister Bones (aka Laura Ziba Caraway) is an amazing model, cartoonist, and taxidermist too. This was our third year returning to the Pink Parlour Festival, and to me Laura is one of the main reasons. Unfortunately, she wasn't there in person, but her representative was there selling her merch for her.
This was the tote bag I got for free! I was talking to her rep about how I admire her and was sad that she wasn't there, and they said "Here, I'm sure she would have wanted you to have this." Squee!
 These are characters from her comic book, Phuck Que, which still isn't published. I can't wait until it is!
 And this is on the backside of the tote bag, Laura (Virgin Sister Bones) herself.
 I spent about $45 at her booth alone, and I bought these awesome panties.
 I've always been on the lookout for good pairs of goth underwear, but you never get a good pair unless it's around Halloween. :[
 I love that my arse says F*** You. That's what you get if you look up my skirt!
 The light doesn't capture this color too well, but it is the perfect color of hot pink.
 Another shirt of hers I bought was this nice little number.
 I really like this drawing of hers, the original scene can be found here:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?fbid=188792777838056&set=a.140626799321321.35875.100001220066224&type=3&theater
 Evil squid on the back. :3
 Another favorite artist of mine that I discovered is Leilani Joy. I love all her female figures and how she portrays them. This is her painting called "Flora".
 I also bought this set of postcards that are Alice In Wonderland Themed too.
 Alice herself, I love the addition of the spades. She actually cut a teacup in half and used it in her artwork, that's why it seems to pop out of the photo.
 The Mad Hatter. Notice the other side of the teacup.
 The White Rabbit, she looks absolutely darling.
 And a sultry Queen of Hearts with her roses of red.
 I also bought a pin of hers that was super cool and came in this little blue bag.
 She said that this character was inspired by The Black Swan, the full picture of this female figure is really pretty.
 In addition to all my wearable art, I also bought this flower hair clip.
 I always wear flowers and feathers in my hair, and I had yet to buy a proper dark purple one. But now I do!
I got a lot of cool stuff at this Festival, I wonder what stuff I'll get next year. <3!

No comments: